I am utterly and completely honoured. Even if playing along means spending a whole lot of time I had not previously considered spending!
How it works:
The wonderful bloggers who liked my posts enough to nominate me each nominated me with slightly different rule variations. Nominees, take your pick!
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Thank the blogger who nominated you with a link back to his/her blog.
Answer the 11 questions asked by the nominator.
Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers with under 500 followers.
Create 11 questions for the nominees.
Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
List these 6 rules on your post.
Without further Ado:
11 random facts
- I love Doctor Who, other fans will find random references throughout this blog
- My ringtone is a Dalek
- My favourite colour is blue but I don’t often wear it, I am more likely to buy things in green or red.
- I wanted to be a veterinarian growing up
- I would love to live on a farm, a real farm not a factory farm. If I won the lottery, I would buy a hobby farm.
- I secretly want to buy a house only so I can have room for the Bernese Mountain Dog I am lusting after
- My favourite cookies are Dads Oatmeal cookies
- I love Disney movies, Claymation movies and Anything 3D.
- I have never seen House of Cards
- I love to paint, but do not think I am very good. Maybe one day I will share some pictures.
- I own way too many dresses.
1. What got you started with blogging?
I was home on sick leave, thinking about how I stopped caring about my cooking when I didnt have anyone to cook for and thought “hey what about cooking for the interwebz?!” And the idea was born.
2. How did you pick your blog’s name?
I have twins. They are definitely from scratch. I cook from scratch (most of the time)
3. Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
When I get all soapbox-y it’s from whatever issue is grating at my heart or been brought up by current events. The recipes, from the season and whats in my fridge.
4. When (if ever) was the last time you considered to give up on blogging, or in other words: what keeps you going?
Knowing that other busy people are inspired by my single working parent status to try these recipes. Especially those in a slowcooker, the time commitment is truly minimal and I love knowing my kid are eating a healthy range of foods, (even when they leave half of it on their plates)
5. What do you hope to achieve with your blog?
I hope to inspire more parents to cook for their kids meals the whole family can eat.
6. What is your favorite quote?
7. What was your best blogging experience so far?
The attention this post got. It is a topic that I feel very strongly about and have been actively involved in since my teens. The salad is pretty good too!
8. What according to you makes a good blog?
Someone who is passionate about what they are blogging, passion makes everything else unimportant.
9. What would you never blog about and why?
I currently do not have a never, if I think of one, then I wont blog about it 😉
10. What did you personally learn from blogging?
That there are a whole lot of fantastic and interesting people eager to share a bit of their world.
11. Your best tip for someone who is new to blogging?
Don’t worry about being perfect, do not expect to be famous, just have fun.
Staying Moms Questions
- What is your favorite quote?
- Your favorite food?
hmmmmm all of it? probably tabbouleh, I do not think there is a moment in life where I would turn that down.
- Your favorite vacation?
- Your favorite book?
again all of them, every book I read and like becomes my favourite.
- Your favorite color?
see above, but blue
- Your favorite movie?
Anything animated. But I love Wallace and Gromit
- Your favorite outfit?
I love wearing dresses, I never used to I was very comfy in pants, but in the last couple years any excuse to wear a dress has been a good one. even in bed making faces with a 4yr old:
- Your favorite place?
- Your favorite drink?
- Your favorite flower?
- Your favorite blog?
Oh boy, do I have to chose just one? how about the ones I nominate!
( I am cheating, but the deal of working and parenting means twiddling around double checking if people already did this and such is just not in my time allotment for blogging. So I chose a few and settled there, they may have already been awarded this, they may not like me have the time to play, but consider yourself a well-loved blog in my book!)